Friday, January 18, 2013

Face Problems don't run away from them


One morning in Sarnath, after visiting the temple of Mother Durga,Swami Vivekananda was passing through a place, where there was a large tank of water on one side and a high wall on the other. Here, he was surrounded by a troop of large monkeys. They were not willing to allow him to passâ ¦and there was no other way. As he tried to walk past them, they howled and shrieked and clutched at his feet. As they pressed closer, he began to run; but the faster he ran, the bolder the monkeys got and they attempted to bite at him. When it seemed impossible for him to escape, he heard an old sannyasi calling out to him: "Face the brutes!"  The words brought him to his senses. He stopped running and turned majestically to boldly face the irate monkeys. As soon as he did that, they fell back and fled! With reverence and gratitude he gave the traditional greeting to the sannyasi, who smilingly responded with the same, and walked away.
Be Bold.. Be Strong.. Be Heroes..

I got inspiration from this and had a similar experience

I used to stay in hostel during my engineering n daily morning used to go to a near by shiva temple which was in the middle of a farm land full of trees.

One day I went to the temple.. stayed there for a while n then 2 girls came to the temple.
I was meditating, after pooja they sat at one end, after a while they left n came back within few minutes.I thought boys must be there waiting to tease them that is why they didnt go. I came out, took a turn at the end & saw that there were around more than 20 monkeys sitting in the middle of the small road. Initially I thought to go back n wait for sometime as the monkeys might attack, but a thought occurred to me, I remembered Swami Vivekananda’s story.

I decided to see what happens.I knew its risky bcoz these were wild monkeys. Although all of them were sitting beside the road, the moment I took first step, one monkey almost came very close to mehowling and shrieking near my feet, then rest all monkeys sat in the middle of the road, facing towards me as if they are threatened and they are about to attack.

I saw into its eyes n took another step ( convincing myself that I believe Swami Vivekananda n nothing will happen to me) they all cleared the road, My friends from hostel terrace were watching this, when I went back to hostel, they were saying I wanted to become hero infront of girls and that is why I did that. I said no, n told them the real intention n inspiration was Swami Vivekananda’s Story.

No comments: